Friday, March 14, 2008

Journey of Mankind - The Peopling of the World






Before we get going with the links today can you help out a reader with a query. He posed the following question to me and I was stumped.

I hope you can help me.... my wife teaches hearing impaired people methods to deal with their hearing loss. I was telling her about a sketch I remember seeing years ago where John Cleese plays a deaf guy doing the ironing. A voiceover describes the challenges of the hearing impaired to hear a phone ring.....they then announce a great new device...a large helmet with a light on the end of pole dangles in front of John Cleese's eyes. When the phone rings the light flashes...a moment of illumination for John Cleese whereby he lifts up the phone and of course cannot hear what the person calling is saying.
I can't remember whether it was part of a movie or one of the sketches from a Python show but my wife would love to be able to show this to her class to lighten up their frame of mind when things become a little frustrating.
Can you help with either identification of the scene or better still a link to where I could download it please?



Ancient Bones of Small Humans Discovered in Palau

He Sings, He Runs and He's Only 101. Buster Martin is an unlikely candidate to set a marathon record. He drinks beer, smokes cigarettes and stays out late. And he's 101.

Iceman on Everest: 'It Was Easy' Wim Hof's Amazing Abilities to Withstand Freezing Temperatures

13 People with Extra Body Parts

'I was so badly bullied my hair fell out': Girl, 14, reveals ordeal at hands of school yobs

Journey of Mankind - The Peopling of the World. Very interesting. (via)

Baby with two faces born in India

Giant Baby in Iran

Creepy gnome terrorises town

No comments:

Post a Comment