Friday, January 7, 2005

Got time to spare? Then you are in the right place.













The Case Against Michael Jackson - January 6, 2005. As usual The Smoking Gun are there.



The 100 Most Annoying Things of 2004 from Retrocrush. via



Akiyoshi's illusion pages. to drive your mind mad. via





PIC TITLE
Pavement Terror-Backfire. via
My name is Howard Stone. Briefly, some years ago I had a delivery job in Southampton, England (I won't say what I was delivering or for whom). It was very boring and badly paid but I soon found a way of livening it up.



I discovered that the van I had to drive could very easily be persuaded to produce very loud, frightening backfires as and when I wanted it to (I'm not telling you how, find out for yourselves) and as I've always been keen on photography, I tried an experiment.



I mounted a camera, pointing backwards, from the back window of the van and operated it with a cable-release long enough to be operated whilst driving. I would make the van backfire and photograph the frightened mayhem I'd created as I drove past. Out of (partial) consideration for my fellow man, I avoided pensioners, dentists' surgeries and gynaecologists.



I had a lot of extra work to do. I had to damp down camera shake, I had to get the timing right and had to do a lot of work in the darkroom to get a good enlargement. Don't forget, as I couldn't point the camera (I was driving the van) I had to use a standard 50mm lens and enlarge the interesting bit. I never knew what I'd captured until I developed the film and I had a lot of failures.






Unsecured webcams on Google. Webcams that aren't password protected can be viewed here and here.



Camera Mail.
On the 22nd of December 2004, Kyle Van Horn taped a disposable camera to a piece of black foamcore and inscribed upon it the following message: "ATTENTION POSTAL WORKERS! Please help us with our project. As this camera travels across the country we want photos of all whom it encounters. Please take a photo before you pass it along. Thank you!"




300 Free Truetype Fonts You Should Have. via





PIC TITLE
Sam's Mailbox Pictures. via




Old Cigarette Packs. via



Airline Flying-A Pilot's Guide. via



Microsoft AntiSpyware. Chris Pirillo tested out the new offering from Microsoft and discovered that the app actually thinks that it's spyware! Screenshot. via





PIC TITLE
Alfred Hitchcock Movie Posters. via




Sunrise Gallery. via



Make a Desk with One Sheet of Plywood....and some tools. via



My Batcycle. via
Here's the motorcycle I started with! It was the same model used in the Batman TV show and the 1966 movie. It is a 1966, 250cc, Yamaha YDS-3 (YM-1), which I acquired from eBay for $405.00 in 2002.



I then needed to find the fiberglass parts to build the Batcycle. Well...to make a long story short, I wound up acquiring the original fiberglass pieces & molds to build my replica. My goal was to make my bike as close to the original TV Batcycle as possible and 2 years later I achieved that goal!




ILuvNUFC
Write your name in the snow. via




Monty Python's Holy Grail in Lego.



DAIM murals 1. Graffiti art.



Political Humour-The 25 Funniest Quotes of 2004.



Right, that's it, I'm off. Have a good weekend and remember Jesus is watching you, so be good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment